Sunday, December 06, 2009

Malayalam heaven!!!!!!!!

When i came to UAE after my marriage to Jo, I was not really sure of how things would turn out, especially when compared to life in Libya and then all those years in India. Gulf was always a little different, more labor class than educated or polished in a malayalee mind. But things changed for me in no time. I saw the supermarkets, the fruits we used to consume in abundance in Libya and life style and i knew I was home. I knew I didn't want to go back ever again except for the annual vacations. This was the life I preferred to the one in kerala with all the meddling relatives. Life was good and moving to Dubai just made it better. It was easy to identify with and become part of Dubai. The city was cosmopolitan in every way imaginable and in more ways than one more mallu than kerala. In kerala the young and the restless speak English and act as if they cannot speak Malayalam, but here go into any shop or mall or hyper market and talk in Malayalam and 9 times out of ten even the Filipinos know enough Malayalam to reply. this is Malayalam heaven!!!!!!!!        I usually don't even bother to look to see if the salesman looks maalu, i just launch into Malayalam and only if I see him fumbling do I bother to talk in English. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Outdoors & Nature blogs
Add to Technorati Favorites