Wednesday, November 25, 2009

VLCC ripoff

Anti-Obesity day is around the corner and all fitness outlets have promotions on. A good money spinning business if any. So this outfit called VLCC advertises an offer of free consultation and a couple of us go over to get a free consultation. We reach the place, knowing well enough that we were fat nay obese and we need help, great, but we also knew this was major time, too expensive rip off. The other friends we talked to, some said it works and others that it was a waste of time. So off we go and get the consultation and after nearly an hour of telling us that we were too fat, they informed us that the free consultation actually cost AED 50.00/-. Okay that was just not right, when you advertise free consultation, it should be free or we should be informed before the consultation that there is a fee if we do not  take the package they intend to hoist on us. Well AED 50.00/- is a lot of money especially when you think that it could buy me 10 good paperbacks at Magrudy's warehouse sale, or a nice breakfast of uthappams and idlis and vadas and dosas from Venus restaurant or a nice little shopping at LuLu Hypermarket or got me a threading and waxing at a beauty salon. Damn, I had to spend AED 50.00/- to listen to fat lady tell me, I am fat and worse it was a free consultation. I am pissed off and very angry. The least they could do was have slim and toned looking ladies do the consultations, The weight and fitness consultant was fat and totally untoned and the beauty consultant had more open pores and dull skin than a 90 year old and her hair looked like shit and unwashed and she looks at me and tells me I am fat and that my skin care regimen is not right. Well ma'am , go look in a mirror. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Outdoors & Nature blogs
Add to Technorati Favorites