Thursday, January 01, 2009

Broken mirror

Breaking a mirror is considered bad luck in Kerala. When my maternal grandfather broke a mirror everyone was worried and a few months latter he passed away at the age of 64. From then on the belief has strengthened among us about the bad luck a broken mirror brings.
So yesterday when I called home to wish amma A very happy and prosperous new year, just like the one we had just had and she told me she needed a new concave-convex mirror as she accidentally dropped the one she had been using for the last 22 years, well, from then on my mind is not at ease. I have a bad feeling, but maybe it is all just superstition, as if mirrors don’t get broken all around the world all the time. I just hope and pray that this year turns out to be as peaceful and happy as the last.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Outdoors & Nature blogs
Add to Technorati Favorites