Monday, December 01, 2008

Flowers at last





I was thinking of pulling up my Butterfly pea (Clitoria ternatea) plant, when it started flowering. Now there is a profusion of beautiful blue flowers regular ly. In Malayalam it is called Shankupushpam, I think because it shaped like a shankh (Counch). There are pretty pictures of the flower on www.treknature.com


The Asparagus beans, we know as achinga payaru also is flowering. The scientific name is Vigna unguiculata sesquipedalis. So all these seem to be winter plants as far as Dubai is considered. Pictures can be seen at www.henriettesherbal.com
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yardlong_bean
So this year if the pollination takes place properly, I will be able to have my own garden fresh achinga payaru mazhukupuratti.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Outdoors & Nature blogs
Add to Technorati Favorites