Saturday, April 14, 2007

School blues


“Choomma, why are you not coming to our house any more?” Thom wanted to know.
Choo my sister is his favourite relative and before getting married early this year, all her weekends were spend here. Now she rarely came.
In Thom’s tiny world J was Choo’s father too. “Appa will scold you if you don’t come here.”
“But what will Ed chachan do if I come and stay with you?” she asks him.
“Are you staying with Ed chachan? Ask Ed chachan’s daddy and mummy to come and look after him.”
“Did you go to school today?”
“Yes, but the teacher does not like me. Will you come and scold her and kill her?”
“The teacher likes you, I called her and she said she likes you very much.”
“I don’t like her. I like sitting at home and watching TV.
After more of this conversation I take the receiver from him and ask her about how her baby-making project is going on.
“Well the periods are regular and we are trying but nothing seems to be happening.”
“Do you know about the safe period and ovulation and things?”
“No I have no idea at all.”
So I tell her how it works and promise to surf the net and send more info.
Choo and Ed under a lot of pressure to produce a baby fast. 

In a few days we will be moving to the new house just across the road from the one we are staying now. We have given orders for the cot and mattress, the reupholstering of the sofa set, the new chairs, cupboards etc. We had to buy the old furniture in the house we are moving to because Jops said he would and we now have a lot of things we really are not interested in and want to sell off.
Thom has his annual sports day tomorrow and he is taking part in some of the programs. We are all invited and J has a meeting tomorrow so I will have to go alone. It feels bad because it is Thom’s first big function and his father won’t be there to watch him.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Outdoors & Nature blogs
Add to Technorati Favorites