Monday, April 16, 2007

Insha Allah

When I received the call from home on Aug 8th night, saying that Appan’s condition had worsened, I prepared myself for the worst. All the time on the flight, I kept thinking, maybe everything is over now and maybe I will never see him again. At the airport, Vava was there at the baggage claim and he looked fine and when I asked how appan was he said Appan was fine, and that he looked fine. Chachan met me outside and he said the same thing. That calmed me down and at the hospital Appan looked thin and weak but in good spirits. He looked great. Even when I left at night, he looked fine. It all changed and in the morning when I reached his side he was barely breathing. All so fast, all so unexpected, everything ended in seconds.
Now when I make plans for the future, even for the near future, I find myself thinking, “if nothing goes wrong” much like Muslim’s say “Insha Allah”. Really on Aug 8th morning life was normal and ordinary then one day later Appan was no more. How can we plan for anything when we don’t even what the next moment will bring? We can only hope for the best and trust in God.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Outdoors & Nature blogs
Add to Technorati Favorites