Monday, June 04, 2007

Happy ever after

Yesterday night, I went to sleep thinking about Appan. I told him to give me a sign that he was well and happy wherever he was.

In the morning I was worried about my uncontrollable anger each time, Thom and I sat down to do his homework. I ended up shouting and angry and he, frightened beyond words at this mad screaming apparition his mother routinely turned into every evening during homework time. So I decided to speak to another parent whose child is also in KG1 and who stayed in the next building. We got talking and she said she did not put any force on her daughter to do the homework and that I really need not worry.

Anyway, one thing led to another and soon we were discussing our families and we realized that we were second cousins. She is the daughter of my father’s first cousin. Her maternal grandmother and my paternal grandmother are sisters. It was more a shock than surprise as we have staying so close and had no idea at all. We see each other everyday and still this never came up.

Later as I thought about it I remembered my request to appan yesterday night. Was this a sign from him? Does it mean he is fine and happy in the after life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Outdoors & Nature blogs
Add to Technorati Favorites