Saturday, April 26, 2008

My Tomato Plants

My plants are thriving and are covered with flowers, but i have absolutely no idea how to pollinate them. All the internet searches recommend shaking, vibrating etc etc etc. I tried it but it hasn'seemed to work. Hope they self pollinate and bear fruits.
I have just three months more before my vacation and hope the tomatoes are ready before that, I hate the thought of all those fruits and the plants drying up in the hot july-august Dubai sun while I enjoy a wet monsoon in Kerala.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, thanks for popping over to my blog.

I do hope your tomato plants polinate ok. Last year was our first year growing tomato's and my husband did all the caring for them, he mentioned that when you nip out all the extra branches that sprout, the plant moves as your do this and "shakes" the plant slightly and this is enough for pollination to occur, hope this helps :)

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Outdoors & Nature blogs
Add to Technorati Favorites