Thursday, August 03, 2006

Waiting for Emirates gas

In the middle of cooking lunch, the cylinder runs out of cooking gas and I call our usual gas guy and his mobile is switched off. I call another number and someone answers saying he will there in 30 minutes. After 30 minutes I call again and he sounds surprised, surprised like “Are you still waiting for me, why haven’t you called someone else till now?” He says, “ okay, will be there in fifteen minutes” and I wait some more and then I call another gas agency. They say they will be there in fifteen minutes and I wait angry and ready to scream. Then ten minutes later the first guy shows up and I end up having to cancel the second guy. It took nearly an hour for the cylinder to be replaced, never happened before in Dubai. Usually our regular guy takes no more than five minutes for the gas cylinder to be replaced. He is on vacation now; hope he will be back soon.

It is really no big deal, but when there is little three year old at home, cooking and feeding is constant. He goes out, plays and comes back ready for a hug and some thing to fill the tummy and with no cooking gas I had a hard time keeping him calm, especially today, when he refused to have anything other than fried chicken and rice. The rice was ready but the chicken was not. Luckily the gas arrived before he had his tantrums.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Outdoors & Nature blogs
Add to Technorati Favorites